Where and when do we meet?
Network meetings generally take place on the 3rd or 4th Friday of the month at restaurants in the Freiburg area that are accessible by public transportation.
For exact dates, please check the website or our current Newsletter.
What happens at the meetings?
Most evenings include dinner (with a set menu price that includes a vegetarian choice) and a guest speaker (presentations are around 30 minutes). The topics are quite diverse and chosen so there is something of interest for everyone.
Network meetings also serve as an opportunity to exchange experiences, to establish contacts on a personal and professional level, and to simply be amongst English-speaking women.
Now and then the Network organises special events where partners and spouses are welcome to join us and occasionally arranges purely social evenings for getting together to talk and enjoy each other’s company.
The Book Box is a portable library for members and guests to donate and/or exchange English books and magazines at our monthly meetings. Started by Janet Bryant in 1998, the Book Box has become a popular tradition at Network evenings.
Upcoming Meeting Schedule 2020
(to be confirmed)
For more information or to receive the meeting details by email please contact us.
Registration for Our Meetings
Most restaurants require an exact count of people attending and their respective menu choices. With this in mind, we ask that you please register (including your menu choice) by the Wednesday before the meeting. Please note that we may not be able to accept registrations beyond that deadline. If you or your guests have registered for a Network evening, but have a last-minute change in plans, please be sure to let one of the Coordinating Team members know that you will not be coming.
Guests and new members are always welcome!
You can find more details about membership here. For more information please contact us.
Meeting Topics and Speakers
All of us at the Network are proud of our speakers, and the diversity of topics we have had the pleasure to present at monthly meetings over the years. These presentations and tours run the gamut from health and wellness to exercise and self-improvement; from flora and fauna to food and drink; from medicine and education to travel, tourism and business; from writing, storytelling and language to music, art and culture; from social and sometimes controversial issues to sociable evenings of fun and games.
Here are some recent examples:
- The Ornate Splendor of Freiburg's Black Monastery
- A Taste of Village Life in Bolia on Africa's Ivory Coast by Rachel Ives
- How can we achieve a turnaround in the regional agriculture and food sector? by Dr Jenny Lay-Kumar
- Karma, Dharma, Yoga... - Aspects of the Indian Cultural Legacy by Sabina Sahni
- More Than a Museum! - Tour of the Uniseum of Albert-Ludwigs-Universät of Freiburg
- Finding your Way - How Creative Souls Make their Ideas a Reality?
- London's Chelsea Flower Show - Eve Roth' Insight into the Latest Trends in Garden Design
- Do You Know the World of Dr Seuss? Sabine Karoß "Translates" Text into Dance!
- Learn How to Bring More Confidence and Leadership Presence into Your Life
- Backstage at the Stadttheater
- A Personal Account of Living with Epilepsy
- Tour of UWC Robert Bosch Historical Monastery Garden
- A World of Adventure with Fun and Games at FreiSpiel
- A Guided Tour of Geldermann's Historical Sparkling Wine Cellars
- Calligraphy Through the Ages
- The Art of Storytelling in the 20th Century
- Family Fun Day with Barbecue and Picnic in Wittnau
- Enterprise Europe Network - Helping Businesses to Grow Internationally
- Herbs or Weeds? - The Potential Benefits for Human Health and Nutrition
- Passion, Punch and Pathos: Artemisia Gentileschi, a Woman Artist's World in 17 th-Century Rome
- Change ist Easy: One Step at a Time! One Woman's Guide to Living a Fuller Life
- The Rollercoaster Process of Self-Publishing!
- Ayurveda - Balsam for the Body and Soul
- Invaluable Medical Aid for Refugees Thanks to Refudocs
- A Taste of Sri Lanka Cookery Class
- Walk, Wine and Wisdom at Winzerhaus Sankt Georg
- Freiburgerinnen aus Aller Welt: More Than Just a Cookbook!
- Ebringen Celebrates 1300 Years - and the Orchids are in Bloom!
- Heard About Freiburg's 19th-Century "English Colony"?
- Get in Harmony with Your Body through Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Brand New UWC Robert Bosch College Opens ist Doors to the Network
- Shall We Dance? The Art of Line Dancing!